The ignite innovation, within the Design Economy thematic, aims to:
- Engage School of Design faculty in the pursuit of Innovation through collaboration, methodologies and results,
- Expose PolyU students to the workings and realities of Innovation processes in action,
- Pre-incubate Innovations for our social, commercial and academic pipeline partners,
- Provide Hong Kong with relevant, home-grown reference models and examples of Innovation,
- Develop new, user-centric, Innovation knowledge.
Liu, S. X., (2016), Innovation Design: Made in China 2025, in Design Management Review, 27(1), pp 52-58.
Liu, X. H., (2014), The Evolution of Design Management: A Comparison of the UK, US, and Japan, in International Journal of Cultural and Creative Industries, 2(1), pp 62-79.
Heskett, J. and Liu, X.H., (2012), Models of Developing Design Capacity: Perspective from China, in Proceedings of the DMI 2012 International Research Conference, Edited by E. Bohemia, J. Liedtka and A. Rieple, August 8-9, Boston: USA, pp 225-238.
Buhring, J., O'Mahony, B., Dalrymple, J., (2015),"Memorable Experience Desires: Getting Into the Mind of the Luxury Hotel Consumer to the Year 2020", in AP - Asia-Pacific Advances in Consumer Research Volume 11, eds. Echo Wen Wan and Meng Zhang, Duluth, MN : Association for Consumer Research, Pages: 318-318.
Buhring, J., O'Mahony, B., Dalrymple, J., (2015), “The Future Luxury Hotel Room: Experts’ Views On Memorable Guest Experience Generators”, in Proceedings CAUTHE 2015, Australia.
- Buhring, 2015, Introducing Luxury, motion picture, School of Design, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong.