25 Sep 2015 to 2 Oct 2015 - Open for sign-up to the event 26 Sep 2015 to 28 Sep 2015 - Workshop on StrawBees 3 Oct 2015 - Meeting with teams to confirm on the proposal and define plans on support 10 Oct 2015 to 21 Nov 2015 - Consultation and sharing sessions 28 Nov 2015 to 29 Nov 2015 - Exhibit/Demonstrate/Perform in Maker Faire Hong Kong 2015
This event aims at bringing together students from primary and secondary schools to build something big with simple materials (e.g. cardboard, sticks, pvc tubes, ropes) and/or construction kits (e.g. StrawBees, MakeDo, Lego, MegaBlok). These "big things" will be exhibited, show-cased and/or performed in the Maker Faire Hong Kong 2015.
|Let's see some examples of these "big things" included:|
- A 5 meter tall MakerFaire Robot in StrawBees, and may have moving parts as well [View]
- A fire dragon (may be based on the one from Tai Hang fire Dragon Dance) in StrawBees, fit with LEDs which flashes while dancing. [View]
- A tensegrity structure. For example, a tensegrity buggy ball [View]
Schools or groups can suggest what they want to build, and we will provide advice and support on design and technology. In fact, we are looking for more creative ideas than above!
Join our event [Register Here]
Each team must have at least half of the members being students from primary or secondary schools. We encourage teachers, parents and other advisors/instructors to participate in the team as well. However, we expect students should pay substantial efforts toward making the "big things".
- Certificate of Participation for members of each team who successfully exhibit/demonstrate/perform its "big things" during Maker Faire Hong Kong 2015
Your team's creative work may be presented in a number of ways during Maker Faire Hong Kong 2015:
- Part of a parade
- Part of an on-stage performance
- A cat-walk show
In fact, we are looking forward to discuss with you on the best way to present your creative work - it is limited only by your imagination.