The PolyU Design Outstanding Alumni Awards aims to give public recognition to outstanding graduates of the School of Design for their professional achievements and significant contributions to the community and their alma mater.
The year of 2022 marks the 85th Anniversary of PolyU. It is also taken as the best time to introduce the awards to recognise our distinguished alumni’s diverse accomplishments and contributions through:
Four award categories
- Professional achievement
- Entrepreneurial achievement
- Scholarly achievement
- Community service achievement
Special recognition to young alumni
- Newly introduced is the Outstanding PolyU Young Alumni Award. Nominees under 40* will be eligible for this category.
(* Any nominees aged 40 or below on 31 December 2022.)
All awardees may be further nominated by the School for the Outstanding PolyU Alumni Awards in May 2022, an overall selection of nominees among all other PolyU faculties/schools.
- Nomination Period: 1 December 2021 to 31 December 2021
(Deadline: 31 December 2021 11:59PM HKT)
- Judging: late January 2022
- Announcement of Results: 28 January 2022
- Awards Presentation: To be announced in January 2022
The nominated candidate must be a bona fide graduate who has successfully completed full-time or part-time programme offered by the PolyU School of Design (or the design department of its forerunners: Hong Kong Government Trade School, Hong Kong Technical College, Hong Kong Polytechnic; and its constituent units: School of Professional Education & Executive Development and Hong Kong Community College) which led to academic award accredited by the respective Institution.
The proposer can be a PolyU graduate, Honorary Graduate, University Fellow, PolyU staff, current PolyU Council and Court member and current Advisory Committee member. There is no limit to the number of nominations to be submitted by each proposer. However, the proposer cannot be the candidate himself/ herself.
There are four award categories, namely “Professional Achievement”, “Entrepreneurial Achievement”, “Scholarly Achievement” and “Community Service Achievement”. Selection criteria for each category are listed below.
Selection is based on the nominee’s accomplishments in his/her personal achievements in the field, contributions to the community, and support and contributions to PolyU.
|Professional Achievement||This category recognises alumni who have attained distinguished achievements, demonstrated exemplary leadership and made a strong impact on their profession/ industry.|
|Entrepreneurial Achievement||This category recognises alumni who have demonstrated outstanding innovation and entrepreneurship, founded and advanced business or technology ventures with social impact.|
|Scholarly Achievement||This category recognises alumni scholars who have made notable scholarly or research contributions in their disciplines, with proven track record and excellent reputation in the field.|
|Community Service Achievement||This category recognises alumni who have made impactful contributions to the communities, or demonstrated an extraordinary level of commitment, volunteerism and/or philanthropy for promoting the wellbeing of the communities.|
Special recognition to young alumni awardees in the award category is added. Candidate who is aged under 40 by the end of the award year can be considered under the Outstanding PolyU Young Alumni stream.
Notes: The bestowal of the award shall subject to individual merits of the nomination. There may be no awardee for a category if no candidate is found suitable.
Panel of Judges will be formed to examine the nominations and assess candidates’ qualifications and performance for the awards.
Please submit the nomination via the online form at https://forms.office.com/r/6VFsSJ4xif.
To assist you in preparing for materials for the nomination, here lists the items to be required for the form.
- Candidate’s Personal Particulars (Educational Background, Professional Qualifications, Honour(s) and Award(s), Career History)
- Proposer’s Particulars
- Nomination for Award Categories (Choose either Professional Achievement, Entrepreneurial Achievement, Scholarly Achievement, Community Service Achievement)
- Candidate’s Achievements/ Accomplishments in profession and industry/ entrepreneurship and technology venture/ scholarly research and impact/ community service, in written format
- Candidate’s Support and Contribution to PolyU in written format
- Submission of download links of these files:
- Candidate’s Professional Portfolio that best illustrates the outstanding achievement of his/her profession. Please upload a A3 portfolio of 30 pages, not exceeding 1GB in PDF format to a cloud drive and share the download link here. Be reminded to set the access right of the link as public.
- A passport photo of the candidate, and photocopy of certificate(s), award(s), a portfolio and other supplementary documents, if any, with this form.
School of Design
Tel: +852 2766 4925