[Google Scholar] [ResearchGate] [ORCID] [Scopus]
Dr Yan Tina Luximon (Chief Supervisor)
3D Chinese Head Modelling and Analysis for Ergonomics Design
An increasing number of face-related products are used in our daily life, such as protective eyewear, respirator or face mask, especially for children. The product fit level is also important to improve the user experience and solve the potential safety problems. Therefore, before designing theses face-related products, the precise 3D children’s face reconstruction and analysis is highly required in the field ergonomics.
The research objectives consist of three parts: (1) Establishing a 3D Children’s face database; (2) Developing a deep Convolutional Neural Network to realize precise 3D children’s face reconstruction from a single image; (3) Analysing 3D size and shape of face model by age and gender groups and relationships among face dimensions and shape variation for face-related products.
Overview of the 3D statistical head model from its construction to its applications.
Computer Vision; Colour Science; Data Analysis and Visualization; Machine Learning; Deep Learning
1. Jie Zhang, Beautiful Visualization with Python (ISBN: 978-7-121-38370-0), Publishing House of Electronic Industry, China (2020). (《Python数据可视化之美》)
2. Jie Zhang, Beautiful Visualization with R (ISBN: 978-7-121-36366-5), Publishing House of Electronic Industry, China (2019). (《R语言数据可视化之美》)
3. Shijian Luo,Yufei Zhang, Jie Zhang, et al. "A User Biology Preference Prediction Model Based on the Perceptual Evaluations of Designers for Biologically Inspired Design". Symmetry 2020: 12, 1860. (SSCI/SCIE)
4. Zhang, Jie, et al. "A Brief Review of 3D Face Reconstruction Methods for Face-Related Product Design." Joint Conference of the Asian Council on Ergonomics and Design and the Southeast Asian Network of Ergonomics Societies. Springer, Cham, 2020.
5. Zhang, Jie, et al. "Customize My Helmet: A Novel Algorithmic Approach Based on 3D Head Prediction." Computer-Aided Design (2022): 103271.
6. Zhang, Jie, et al. "3D-guided facial shape clustering and analysis." Multimedia Tools and Applications 81.6 (2022): 8785-8806.
7. Zhang, Jie, et al. "Age and sex factors integrated 3D statistical models of adults' heads." International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics 90 (2022): 103321.
8. Zhang, Jie, et al. "Modeling 3D Geometric Growth Patterns and Variations of Children's Heads" Applied Ergonomics (2022): 1-11.
9. Zhang, Jie, et al. "3DCMM: 3D Comprehensive Morphable Models for Accurate Head Completion." The 18th ACM SIGGRAPH International Conference on Virtual-Reality Continuum and its Applications in Industry (2022).
10. Zhang, Jie, et al. "3D Statistical Head Modeling for Face/head-Related Product Design: A State-of-the-Art Review." Computer-Aided Design (2023).
11. Zhang, Jie, et al. "Capture My Head: A Convenient and Accessible Approach Combining 3D Shape Reconstruction and Size Measurement From 2D Images for Headwear Design." Computer-Aided Design (2023).
IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics; Multimedia Tools and Applications;Color Research and Application; Mathematical Problems in Engineering; Measurement; Applied Optics; Textile Research Journal; IEEE Access; The Journal of the Textile Institute; IET Image Processing
1. Best Presentation Award by The 18th ACM SIGGRAPH International Conference on Virtual-Reality Continuum and its Applications in Industry (2022)
2. The prestigious National Science and Technology Progress Award – First Class by the China National Textile and Apparel Council (CNTAC) on 2017