Ergonomic design, anthropometry and its application in design, 3D digital human modeling and CAD, AI design tool, head and face related products, human computer interaction, cultural difference
Dr. Yan Luximon obtained her Ph.D. in Ergonomics from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Afterwards, she has worked on several research projects in universities and has acted as a consultant for companies. She joined the ergonomics design group in the School of Design at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University as a postdoctoral fellow and she is currently an Associate Professor, BA (Product Design) Deputy Discipline Leader and Asian Ergonomics Design Lab Leader in the School. She is also the General Secretary and council member of the Hong Kong Ergonomics Society. She has been active in design research and teaching. She has published several book chapters, patents, international conference papers and peer‐reviewed journal papers.
Asian Ergonomics Design Lab (https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/aedlab/)
Shah P. and Luximon Y. (2021). Assessment of pressure sensitivity in the head region for Chinese adults. Applied Ergonomics, 97.
- Zhang J. and Luximon Y. (2021). Interaction Design for Security Based on Social Context. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 154.
- Song Y., Luximon A. and Luximon Y. (2021). The Effect of Facial Features on Facial Anthropomorphic Trustworthiness for Social Robot. Applied Ergonomics, 94.
- Luximon A. and Luximon Y. (2021). New technologies-3D scanning, 3D design, and 3D printing. Handbook of Footwear Design and Manufacture (Eds. A Luximon). Second Edition, Woodhead Publishing, Oxford. Chapter 19, pp477-503. ISBN 978-0-12-821606-4.
- Sheen K.A. and Luximon Y. (2021). Effect of in-app components, medium, and screen size of electronic textbooks on reading performance, behavior, and perception. Displays, 66.
- Song Y. and Luximon Y. (2020). The Face of Trust: The Effect of Robot Face Ratio on Consumer Preference. Computers in Human Behavior, 116.