- 12:15 Registration
- 12:30 Interim Dean introducing the speaker
- 12:35 Lecture by Kigge Hvid
- 13:30 End of lecture
Design plays an important role towards meeting the UN Sustainable Development Goals. However, design schools as well as designers struggle to find their position in the global community striving to meet the important goals.
The lecture clarifies the important first steps, shares best in class examples of design that has been created to meet the goals and points towards the new challenges that will be dominant in the decades to come.
- This lecture is counted as one seminar under the Design Research Seminar subject.
- Free admission; light refreshment will be served.
- Limited seats, registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
About the Speaker - Kigge Hvid, Founding CEO, INDEX: Design to Improve Life
Kigge Hvid is a globally leading advocate of designs role towards solving the most pressing challenges in the world.
For 17 years she held her position as founding CEO of the Danish non-profit INDEX: Design to Improve Life, which paved the way for a new perception of design globally. She has been awarded numerous awards and doctorated for her role in the international design community. Kigge Hvid is also a member of the Danish Governments Disruption Council – Partnership for the Future of Denmark.