The global exchange programme is an opportunity for students to experience studying abroad, outside of their habitual cultural context. It aims to develop students’ understanding and good will while strengthening cultural ties. It usually takes place in the second year of the Bachelor’s programme for out-bound Hong Kong students.
International students visiting Hong Kong can participate in our design studio work and study a large variety of subjects offered by our different disciplines. Our studio studies are fast-paced, focusing on experimentation and development of good design sense. Hong Kong is in close proximity (45 minutes to the mainland border) to China’s largest industrial cities in the Pearl River Delta. Studying at PolyU makes it ideal to understand this fast growing economy.
Check whether PolyU is partnered with your home university. If it isn’t, you can apply as a Study Abroad Student which means you will need to pay a tuition fee.
Exchange opportunities with top design schools around the world:
- Aalto University (Finland)
- Anhalt University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- Art Academy of Latvia (Latvia)
- Carnegie Mellon University (USA)
- KEA Copenhagen School of Design and Technology (Denmark)
- Cornell University (USA)
- Delft University of Technology (The Netherlands)
- Design Academy Eindhoven (The Netherlands)
- Free University of Bozen Bolzano (unibz) (Italy)
- HFT Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (Thailand)
- TH Köln - University of Technology, Arts, Sciences (Germany)
- Konstfack, University of College of Arts, Crafts and Design (Sweden)
- Leeds Arts University (United Kingdom)
- OCAD University (Canada)
- The New School, Parsons School of Design (USA)
- Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (Korea)
- University of Arts London, LCC (United Kingdom)
- University of Westminster (United Kingdom)
- ZHdK, Zurich University of the Arts (Switzerland)
If your institution is interested in partnering with us for the exchange programme, contact our university's Global Engagement Office by email.