Collaborations with us range from research projects to exchange programmes to the international design workshops or conferences.
Some previous collaborations we had with other overseas top schools:
The PolyU and the Royal College of Art (RCA) to establish the PolyU | RCA Artificial Intelligence Design Laboratory (AIDL). The Laboratory will be the world’s first and leading research facility to advance the integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) into the design of products and service.
The Master Class design studio is supplemented with lectures and seminars, shared between PolyU and TU Delft faculty and PhD candidates.
An annual forum coorganised by PolyU Design and Hong Kong Design Institute as part of the Business of Design Week (BODW) of Hong Kong Design Centre.
The exhibition Unfolding brings together works from students and graduates from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Design and the College of Arts and Design of Ewha Womans University in Seoul, creating a visual dialogue between young designers in East Asia.
Students from our Social Design, Digital Media and Interactive Media programmes joined together to collaborate with 39 Media Engineering students from Chukyo University, Japan to work on topics of sustainability and local craftsmanship in 2019 summer.
There are many more yet to be named here. If you are interested in collaborating with us too, contact us for ideas.
Top schools around the world chose us as their academic collaborator:
Exchange Programme Collaborators
- Aalto University (Finland)
- Anhalt University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- Art Academy of Latvia (Latvia)
- Copenhagen School of Design and Technology (Denmark)
- Cornell University (USA)
- Delft University of Technology (The Netherlands)
- Design Academy Eindhoven (The Netherlands)
- Free University of Bozen Bolzano (unibz) (Italy)
- HFT Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- TH Köln - University of Technology, Arts, Sciences (Germany)
- Konstfack, University of College of Arts, Crafts and Design (Sweden)
- Lahti University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
- Leeds College of Art (United Kingdom)
- OCAD University (Canada)
- Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- Thammasat University (Thailand)
- The New School (USA)
- The University of Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
- Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (Korea)
- University of Arts London (United Kingdom)
- University of West of England, Bristol (United Kingdom)
- University of Westminster (United Kingdom)
- Weissensee School of Art, Berlin (Germany)
- ZHdK, Zurich University of the Arts (Switzerland)
If your institution is interested in partnering with us for the exchange programme, contact our university's Global Engagement Office by email.
Other Academic Collaborators
- University of California, Berkeley (USA)
- Central Academy of Fine Arts (China)
- KAIST (South Korea)
- Loughborough University (United Kingdom)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA)
- Musashino Art University (Japan)
- National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- National Institute of Design (India)
- Politecnico di Milano (MIP) (Italy)
- Royal Academy of Fine Arts & Royal Conservatory, School of Arts of University College Ghent (Belgium)
- Swinburne University (Australia)
- The New School (USA)
- Tongji University (China)
- Tsinghua University (China)
- University of Cincinnati (USA)