For Non-JUPAS Local Year 1 Applicants (2023-24 Admission)
BA (Hons) Scheme in Design (JUPAS code: JS3569)
Students will be awarded one of the following awards upon successful completion of the graduation requirements of the programme concerned:
- BA (Hons) in Design (Advertising Design)
- BA (Hons) in Design (Environmental Design)
- BA (Hons) in Design (Information Design)
- BA (Hons) in Design (Interaction Design)
- BA (Hons) in Design (Interior Design)
- BA (Hons) in Design (Media Design)
- BA (Hons) in Design (Product Design)
- BA (Hons) in Design (Service Design)
- BA (Hons) in Design (Social Design)
- Students are subject to further assessment criteria i.e. students' own choice, students' portfolio evaluation, interview performance, GPA and individual subject results in selection of awards at the end of their Year One study.
- The option of Secondary Major in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (IE) is available to the students within BA (Hons) Scheme in Design. (Details please refer to Study@PolyU)
- The option of Secondary Major in AI and Data Analytics (AIDA) is available to the students who will enrol in BA (Hons) in Design (Product Design) or BA (Hons) in Design (Interaction Design). (Details please refer to Study@PolyU)
- Admission to the Secondary Major is on competitive basis and subject to a different credit requirement for graduation. Please see "Secondary Major Details" section on Study@PolyU.
- (A-Level qualifications) E in 3 A-Level subjects OR E in 2 A-Level and 2 AS-Level subjects AND satisfy the English Language Requirement (This is only the minimum eligibility criteria. Applicants who gain admission, typically, attain at least BBB in 3 AL subjects.); OR
- (International Baccalaureate) A minimum score of 24 with at least grade 4 in 2 Higher Level (HL) subjects AND satisfy the English Language Requirement (This is only the minimum eligibility criteria. Applicants who gain admission, typically, attain a score of 30 or above, including bonus points.); OR
- An appropriate Diploma passed with credit or an appropriate Higher Certificate from a recognised institution; OR
- An appropriate Associate Degree / Higher Diploma from a recognised institution (may apply for senior year places admission); OR
- Other non-local qualifications;
- AND satisfy the English Language Requirement.
- Applicants with good A-Level/ IB results or the equivalent may be granted up to 25% credit transfer upon admission to the 4-year programme. Each applicant’s case will be considered based on its individual merit.
- Preference will be given to students with good language skill.
- The School of Design welcomes applications from students with a broad range of academic and cultural interests. Students who have an interest in design, liberal studies, visual arts and/or other cultural and technology disciplines are encouraged to apply to the programme.
- Admissions will be handled on a rolling basis. Early round of consideration will be due in November 2022. For details, please check Study@PolyU.
Portfolio Submission & Interview
- Applicants are required to submit their portfolios online.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an individual interview with their physical / digital portfolio, along with prototypes or models (if applicable), in late March to April.
Click HERE (Latest update: 7 Oct 2022)
Please click HERE for programme information.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us.