The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) announced the list of winners of the Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award 2013 today. PolyU Design graduate Mr Anthony Lo Wai-kei, Vice President, Exterior Design, Renault, France, was named one of the award winners in recognition of his remarkable professional achievements and contributions to the alma mater and the community.
Mr Lo graduated from the Higher Diploma in Design program in 1985. He is currently Vice President of Exterior Design at Renault, a renowned car manufacturing company in France. His car design career began in 1987 in England. With his exceptional professional competencies, outstanding design concepts and management skills, Mr Lo shines on international stage. He is taking a leading role in Chinese car design community, inspiring many of the later comers. His projects have earned many prestigious awards, including Saab Aero X Concept (Concept Car of the Year 2006), Opel GTC Concept (Geneva 2008) and Opel Mervia Concept (Geneva 2008). He was named ``Asian Designer of the Year`` by ELLE Magazine in 2007 and ``World`s Outstanding Chinese Designer 2012`` by Hong Kong Design Centre.
Mr Lo was appointed Advisor of PolyU`s School of Design from 2003 to 2004. Despite his busy schedule, he is willing to share his international experience with students and teach in classes.
Other awardees in alphabetical order of last name are:
- Dr Hubert Chan Chung-yee, Chairman, Hong Kong Communications International Holdings Ltd.
- Ir Dr Chan Fuk-cheung, Former General Manager, CLP Engineering
- Ir Professor Johnny Fan Siu-kay, Director, WMKY Architects & Engineers
- Ir Dr Kenneth Ng Kam-wing, Managing Director, Silcon Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Mr Richard Sun Po-yuen, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Mr Michael Tsui Kam-fai, CEO, Deltason Medical Ltd. & Rehab-Robotics Co. Ltd.
The award presentation ceremony will be held on 18 April 2013 (Thursday).
More about the Award>>