CONTENTS OF TALK:
- Brief introduction of Samsonite and Gregory brand Introduction
- Gregory foundation; Marketing priorities; Product education; Product line; Key business data
2. Brand Development
- Brand DNA; Difficulties and challenges of Brand Development;
- Build up / Level up brand image with collaboration projects
- Case sharing: Gregory x Sophnet collaboration
3. Product Development
Contents of daily practices of NPD (New Product Development) in Gregory:
- Planning: Timeline from Design, Development to Kick off, Ordering to production.
- Cost Engineering: Bill of Material (BOM) usage, Products Resourcing.
- Quality Control – Approval process, Test & Requirement, warranty.
- Material: Function-based material choice/selection, Quality, Lead time and price.
- Production: Timeline, Line arrangement & process
- Innovation: Problems and solution with newly developed fabric & components
- Management: Problem solving, communication and maintain win-win pleasant environment
BA Product Design, MDes ID&BM
(also for all students who might be interested…..)
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Mr. Edmund Chow is the Product Development Manager of Asia for Gregory, Samsonite Asia Limited, Hong Kong. He is a hands-on professional, making every product design happen from the beginning of design tech pack, prototype to cost engineering, test, adjustment, manufacturing to final finished products with specific development direction for the brand and company. Edmund's focus has been on backpacks, fashion handbags & accessories for both women’s and men’s market in Asia, United States and Europe.
He is both operational and innovative minded. His main duty is to maintain a win-win pleasant environment by communicating and solving problem across multiple divisions, levels, suppliers and factories to achieve design, development, quality and budget goals.
Edmund graduated from the School of Design, Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2007. He has 10 years of experience in both design and product development, particularly on quality backpacks, fashion handbags & accessories. He also has rich technical knowledge in bags and accessories construction, testing standards & requirement, material & component details and application including leather, fabrics, plastic and metal. He is keen on products design and development, skillful in innovation via the products/ materials creation or modification, and knowledgeable in managing workflow, product development and production.
He previously designed or worked for variety of brands including Pacsafe /J Jill /Coldwater Creeks /Cocomojo /Louvier /Clarks / Andrew Marc /TJ Max /Wilson's /Ann Taylor /Chico’s /Claire's & Icing /Fila / Kohls /American Eagle /18 & East /Moda in Pelle / Pauls Boutique / Kurt Geiger / Coach / Coccinelle/ Hugo Boss/ Hobo International/ Karen Millen/ Orla Kiely/ Pedder Red.