This year’s IDO Workshop will focus on shopping and transportation for our life experts.
“Population ageing and urbanization are two global trends that together comprise major forces shaping the 21st century. At the same time as cities are growing, their share of residents aged 60 years and more is increasing. Older people are a resource for their families, communities and economies in supportive and enabling living environments.” (WHO Global Age-friendly Cities: A Guide)
For Hong Kong it is projected that 22% of the total population will be 60+ by 2030; and some other sources* quote that seniors will make up one-fourth of the Hong Kong population by 2013. In the densely populated environment of Hong Kong this change in demography has not yet been addressed in all aspects, and comprehensive planning for inclusive design is lacking.
This year we welcome back:
• Hong Kong Design Institute, Hong Kong
• School of Design, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
• Technical University Delft, The Netherlands
• Applied Social Sciences, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
And new participants from:
• Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, US
• Royal College of Art, London, UK
• Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea